Cordellia Buckley had the food shock of her life after she pulled a chewy object out of her mouth and realized it wasn’t the chicken she was suppose to get in her McDonald’s chicken wrap.
On October 31, in Flintshire, north Wales, the ten-year-old girl was travelling home from a day out with her father Dave, 42, when they decided to stop at a McDonald’s drive-thru.
But when she began munching on her Big Flavor sweet chilli chicken wrap she bit into something tough and chewy. Buckley was nearly sick when she found out she sank her teeth into a dead frog ,according to a mirror.co.uk article.
Her father said “she only had a little bit before she felt something funny in her mouth. She spat it into her hand and said ‘Ew, this is horrible. What is it?’ Then she said, ‘It’s a frog! It’s a frog!”
Dave continued the story saying, “I was driving down the motorway and she was freaking out. She was going to be sick. I told her not to be silly and to put it into the bag. Then we stopped and it was pretty obvious what it was. I phoned McDonald’s. I was disgusted.”
The article also reported that salmonella bacteria live in their intestines and can be passed on through contact with people, particularly young children.
A spokesperson for McDonald’s said it is “extremely unlikely” this originated from the restaurant.
But Dave says he got little sympathy following the purchase because McDonald’s customer services did not apologize and instead offered him a refund and asked him to send them the frog.
“It would be good customer service to call and apologize for something like this – it wasn’t a cold burger I was complaining about,” he said.
Mr. Buckley continued expressing how trouble he was with the incident and how it effected his daughter saying:
Cordie was just disgusted that she had a frog in her mouth and she still isn’t eating properly. It’s a health and safety risk. She could have caught salmonella. She doesn’t want to eat at McDonald’s ever again. I won’t go to McDonald’s again.
Dave’s girlfriend, Allison Willock, 36, added, “It’s all wrapped up in an outside fridge at the moment. It’s starting to smell but we need to preserve it.
A spokesperson for McDonald’s told the Mirror:
The customer did not raise this with anyone in our restaurant. Food hygiene and safety is of utmost importance and we take matters like this very seriously. Our wraps are freshly prepared when ordered and it is extremely unlikely this originated from our restaurant and there is no evidence to suggest otherwise at this stage. We have asked the customer to return the item to us, so that we can investigate further.